Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Linking Student Support Services with Developmental Ed.

I thought maybe this was a good place to share an infographic I made over the weekend for the SPC Writing Center. I wanted to focus on the connection between the challenges developmental education students face and their success when accessing services like the Writing Center.


Rather than using a report or white paper format, I think an infographic is useful in that it can tell a story using images--which demonstrates relationships better and more universally than regression tables or summary statistics. Note that it was not really made for a general audience so it is pretty data-intensive, but you can get a good idea of the important role these kinds of services play in dev.ed. student's lives.

You can read more about the development of the infographic at my blog here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Jacob, I am so impressed by your graphic depiction of your ideas! I have never heard of an infographic. What technology works best to create these? Microsoft Word or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to focus on the connection between the challenges developmental education students face and their success when accessing services like the Writing Center.
    alamo academy

    ReplyDelete